July 11, 2023

Acrylic 'Blue Cat in the Garden'

Several years ago I joined an art group for a while and was tempted out of my comfort zone into painting with acrylics. I say 'comfort zone' although I don't actually have one; I find all painting challenging if I am trying to create something special—so it's best that I don't try. 

Other members of the group did all kinds of art, including collages, and that was encouraging. The Blue Cat in the Garden was one of my attempts with acrylic and it came out curiously recognisable considering that I painted it using only my memory and imagination as a guide. I have a Ragdoll cat and he seems to have a lot of pals visiting him in my garden - a regular cohort of cats - so I am used to seeing members of the feline species peering out of my shrubs. Thankfully they don't use my garden as a toilet! 

'Blue Cat in the Garden' in acrylics
I thought if I created a blog of my art work that it would inspire me to get on with more watercolours but, instead, it has inspired me to do more acrylics. I have some ready-made small canvases tucked away somewhere, if I can find them...

Koi Carp and lily pads in a journal

I am trying so hard to get back into painting and instead of just relaxing and splashing about, I keep trying to do something worthy of hang...