July 15, 2023

Beautiful sideboard in watercolour

Once upon a time, a long time ago, I studied interior design for a few years while living in the Caribbean. As the course progressed we had to submit countless mini-tests which went towards our degree grades, and for one test I painted a watercolour of a sideboard. I took the design from a photograph in a magazine (I think it was a Spanish magazine from South America) and so the test must have been for skills in drawing and painting a piece of furniture rather than designing one. These were skills necessary for potential clients in the future. I thought the sideboard so very beautiful (I would love to own it), and worth sharing here. 

It's such a long time since I created the above painting but it was done in Winsor and Newton watercolours. I also remember that I laboured over it, and I think the time spent paid off. 

Koi Carp and lily pads in a journal

I am trying so hard to get back into painting and instead of just relaxing and splashing about, I keep trying to do something worthy of hang...