July 17, 2023

Vibrant fuchsia in watercolour

I tend to be a bit heavy-handed, I suppose, when using watercolours. I know my paintings are a far cry from the paintings of yesteryear where watercolours were used lightly. My excuse, if I have to have one, is that I like vibrant colours. My home is a kaleidoscope of it. My painting of a colourful real-life fuchsia does scream off the paper and here it is, in glorious Mijello Mission Gold watercolours. The metallic bits are created with Coliro. Outlining and petal detail is done with a Faber-Castell Pitt Artist black pen. 

Southern Belle Cecil fuchsia in watercolour
This my photo of the actual subject flower, Southern Belle Cecile, which was in a hanging basket near to my kitchen door; my garden is in the background. 

Southern Belle Cecile fuchsia

Koi Carp and lily pads in a journal

I am trying so hard to get back into painting and instead of just relaxing and splashing about, I keep trying to do something worthy of hang...