July 11, 2023

Watercolour 'The Book Worm at the Beach'

I don't remember why I was inspired to create this particular painting which is an assembly of items that I either own or have owned at one time or another. I enjoyed doing it although it took a while to decide on the pieces that I wanted to incorporate into the picture, and how they should be placed, as well as the size, the colours etc. I'm fairly happy with it except for the blue scarf which is supposed to look as though it is tumbling out of the bag but looks more like the bag is regurgitating it. 

The Book Worm at the Beach

Even the little owl is a less colourful interpretation of a large bejewelled pendant that I have clipped onto a handbag. 

Owl pendant
Someone said that the writing in the book must have taken ages to do but it is actually just scribbled words in a fine Faber-Castell Pitt Artist pen which, as a whole, make no sense at all. 

I framed this one and have it on my bedroom wall. It looks quite good and is very different from my other paintings. I must do more still lifes. 

Koi Carp and lily pads in a journal

I am trying so hard to get back into painting and instead of just relaxing and splashing about, I keep trying to do something worthy of hang...