July 12, 2023

Watercolour 'Egyptian Space'

This is a painting in my watercolour Hand-Book Journal. It reminds me of not just Egyptian things like the pyramids but also of space. It's possibly a subconscious inspiration based on a science fiction movie I had seen, Alien vs Predator (AVP), where two types of extraterrestrials battle it out beneath the Antarctic surface in some kind of underground pyramid. Otherwise, I have no idea how I came up with this but it does seem to work quite well. 

Egyptian Space (in a journal)
Sometimes, not often, I wish that a painting I have done in my journal were actually a large painting on a separate piece of watercolour paper so, in this case, I painted another. The paint brands used were Schmincke Horadam and Coliro metallics, and Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pen black ink for outlining shapes. 

Egyptian Space
It's not difficult to work out that I used plastic templates to create these pieces of artwork. Templates take the pressure off when I can't think of anything to paint or draw, and can be used very creatively. In fact, I have used these, and other ones, quite a few times. 
Plastic templates

Koi Carp and lily pads in a journal

I am trying so hard to get back into painting and instead of just relaxing and splashing about, I keep trying to do something worthy of hang...