July 22, 2023

Watercolour Fruit and Veg Vendor on Caribbean Beach

Yet another painting of a Caribbean beach, which I did a couple of decades ago. Yet again a human subject with a peculiar arm. I need to do better. I thought on looking at it recently that I had painted the bananas badly but, no, it is right. Bananas grow pointing at the sky. It was painting from memory and imagination and I think, with that in mind, it turned out quite well. 

Watercolour Fruit and Veg Vendor on a Caribbean Beach

Although the painting is far from perfect, I do like it. I suppose because it brings back fond memories of a particular lady called Mintha who was so kind to me, such a sweetheart. I regularly bought fruit and vegetables from her. I found the below photograph of her in an online search. 

Mintha, Barbados
copyright:  National News.com

Koi Carp and lily pads in a journal

I am trying so hard to get back into painting and instead of just relaxing and splashing about, I keep trying to do something worthy of hang...