July 11, 2023

Watercolour landscape in a journal

Another painting that is in my Hand Book watercolour journal, this time using M. Graham paints, and I loved the result. It was an easy piece to do, just letting the paint flow and then outlining mountains and valley areas with a Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pen black ink. I even put small areas of water and plants in there for added interest. I think the colours work very well together.

Watercolour landscape using M. Graham paint
The thing with creating art in journals is that, for me at least, the pressure is off. I have a bad habit of painting with a view to it being good enough to frame and hang on a wall. That's a mistake. It's like being shackled because the freedom to create without inhibition is lost. 


Koi Carp and lily pads in a journal

I am trying so hard to get back into painting and instead of just relaxing and splashing about, I keep trying to do something worthy of hang...