August 26, 2023

Line and Wash of Skipton Church, North Yorkshire

I went way out of my comfort zone (if I actually have a comfort zone) with this one. I had never done Line and Wash (Pen and Wash) before and although I watched video demonstrations, still didn't feel I was doing it right. In fairness to myself, I did struggle yet again with the Strathmore 400 series journal, and even the Handover Low Tack (yellow) masking tape damaged the paper although I have never known that particular tape (bought from Jacksons Art) to damage anything at all before. Also, foolishly, I used Derwent Inktense blocks which is also a first. I thought they might be easier to work with. 😒 Will I ever remember to walk before I run? 😆


Anyway, this is it, my attempt at Skipton Church, reference photo taken by me. 


Skipton Church, North Yorkshire

Koi Carp and lily pads in a journal

I am trying so hard to get back into painting and instead of just relaxing and splashing about, I keep trying to do something worthy of hang...