August 09, 2023

Perfect Porcelain Palettes

I've tried using plastic palettes but I hate how paints can stain them. I like my art material to be pristine, organised, categorised, neat. It's how I can procrastinate, and justify procrastinating, while avoiding actually starting a painting. I did originally buy plastic but they've ended up at the charity shop. A couple of the palettes are so big, so heavy, that I can tone my biceps while carrying them from place to place. 😆

This is my square, 12 inch (30cm) Meeden porcelain palette. It holds a lot of paint as you can see. I have a selection of my Schmincke Horadam paints in it on a permanent basis and is, at the time of writing, in use.  

Meeden porcelain palette


An even bigger palette is this giant which I have not yet filled permanently. I've seen a number of professional artists using this one. It came with a plastic cover. I think this is a Meeden palette also. 
Porcelain palette
Lastly, I have two smaller round Meeden palettes which I use very often. They hold enough colours for one painting and then I wash them out ready for reuse. I'm very frugal when squeezing paint out of tubes, I should add. This also is presently in use, holding Schmincke super-granulating paints. 
Round Meeden porcelain palette


Koi Carp and lily pads in a journal

I am trying so hard to get back into painting and instead of just relaxing and splashing about, I keep trying to do something worthy of hang...