August 28, 2023

Watercolour Coral Reef

I decided to paint a coral reef opposite the painting of a turtle in my Strathmore 400 watercolour journal. I didn't want to do anything fancy - alright, I admit, I'm not capable of doing a fancy coral reef right now 😆- so I kept it simple. My paintings always look better in the journal than onscreen because most, if not all, paintings look best if you step back a bit. I used the same Mijello Mission Gold paints. 

And this is how they look together in the journal. 
The reference photo I used for the reef was by Francesco Ungaro on UnSplash
Photo of Coral Reef by Francesco Ungaro on Unsplash

Koi Carp and lily pads in a journal

I am trying so hard to get back into painting and instead of just relaxing and splashing about, I keep trying to do something worthy of hang...