August 25, 2023

Watercolour tulips on a yellow background

This was supposed to be an easy exercise but the trouble I had making the paint do anything like I wanted it to do made it quite problematic. Still, on the bright side, with the Strathmore watercolour journal the paint lifts so very easily, too easily at times. Even so, I think it actually looks quite good alongside the painting of zantedeschias. 

Watercolour tulips in journal
Once again, I used my Schmincke Horadam watercolours (Aureolin Hue, May Green, Sap Green, Phthalo Green, Transparent Orange, and Bordeaux). 
This is the reference photograph which I took of bought tulips some time ago. As you can see, my painting is nothing like them. Oh, well, maybe just a little bit. 😀


Koi Carp and lily pads in a journal

I am trying so hard to get back into painting and instead of just relaxing and splashing about, I keep trying to do something worthy of hang...