October 29, 2023

The best pencil sharpener in the whole world

The best pencil sharpener in the whole world (maybe that is a bit of a hyperbole, I don't know) which I bought as my annual Christmas present to myself a few years ago. It was an extravagance as I bought a special limited edition of it (without realising!) but rather amusingly, some time later, it is still available on Amazon and only a little more expensive than the standard red and grey. I am talking about the Caran d'Ache Metal Pencil Sharpener in 'Klein' blue, referring to the blue which artist Yves Klein uses so often in his work. How much do I like it? Well, I would buy it again. It sharpens my pencils to perfection whether I choose a sharp point or a rounded end and it has never broken a lead yet. 


I'm going to add a YouTube video demonstration of it to my EXTERNAL LINKS Page available at the Home screen, if you want to check it out from there. I'll also add a link to the Museum of Modern Art webpage about Yves Klein. 

Amazingly, I could not find a Caran D'Ache YouTube video demonstration of it. Isn't that odd for a product that is so expensive? 

Koi Carp and lily pads in a journal

I am trying so hard to get back into painting and instead of just relaxing and splashing about, I keep trying to do something worthy of hang...