November 22, 2023

Vase of flowers using watercolour and metallic paints

I created this relatively large watercolour painting several years ago without the use of a reference photo and I didn't like the finished result so I put it in a drawer, hidden away from sight, with a view to maybe painting on the reverse side at some point. Every time since then that I have seen it while looking through that drawer for something or other, I have liked it more. Sometimes it's good to give a piece a chance. That's all I am saying. Give a piece a chance. πŸŽΆπŸ˜€ 

I can't remember the name of the watercolour brand, it was painted so long ago, but I do know I used Coliro metallic watercolour paints for that bit of bling. Not only that, the joy of metallics is that they are opaque and can hide a lot of ugly mishaps. 

Koi Carp and lily pads in a journal

I am trying so hard to get back into painting and instead of just relaxing and splashing about, I keep trying to do something worthy of hang...