November 22, 2023

Coliro and Iuile metallic paint on black Stonehenge paper

Had a bit of fun this afternoon trying out metallic paints on Stonehenge 600gsm paper. I've used Coliro a few times but Iuile metallics are recent discoveries. None of the paints used are colour-shifting. The doves' outlines were created using a stencil by Annie Sloan as were some of the trees and the houses, the stars were from another stencil set I have, and the moon is by yours truly. One of the positive things about metallics is that you can lift them right off the paper easily enough (that can also be a negative thing!) but also, when dry you can paint over them if you use some care. The colours can be blended, again with care. The only Iuile paints I used were Forest and Lime from the Shimmer range. 

The picture loses some of its razzle dazzle in the photograph because, I suppose, the only way to truly show it off would be in a video with the painting tilted back and forth. 

Koi Carp and lily pads in a journal

I am trying so hard to get back into painting and instead of just relaxing and splashing about, I keep trying to do something worthy of hang...