November 06, 2023

Native American in Sennelier watercolour

This was another painting that was way out of my comfort zone. For one thing, it was created in the Strathmore watercolour journal and it's a bit like trying to paint on hot press. Paint lifts so easily off that surface when rewetted and the paint skates around but I admit, I am a poor workwoman blaming her tools.

I first saw this 'Native American' figure on YouTube; his name is Alexandro QuerevalĂș and he originally comes from Peru but now lives in Poland! I'll put a link to his website and YouTube channel on my Pages in case you want to check him out. 

It took me longer than usual to paint this and I admit I was losing both heart and patience by the time I decided to stop faffing around with it and move on. 

Koi Carp and lily pads in a journal

I am trying so hard to get back into painting and instead of just relaxing and splashing about, I keep trying to do something worthy of hang...