November 20, 2023

Rainbow colours with Faber-Castell Albrecht Durer

Several years ago I bought the complete set of Faber-Castell's 'Albrecht Durer' watercolour pencils. The range of colours is outstanding and, to try them out, I painted this colourful picture on cold press paper by using long strokes of pencil and then applying a somewhat wet brush also in long strokes along the pencil lines. I think of it as Rainbow Silk. 

I sometimes find, though, that with watercolour pencils it can be a little difficult to get rid of the pencil lines but it is good to know that you can also use them by just touching the tip of the pencil with a wet brush to pick up colour. In the image below you can see where I have used both techniques. The visible pencil lines add texture to the painting.  

'Rainbow silk' painting with Faber Castell 'Albrecht Durer' watercolour pencils
See link to Faber-Castell demonstrating 'Albrecht Durer' pencils on YouTube on my External Links page on the Homepage

Koi Carp and lily pads in a journal

I am trying so hard to get back into painting and instead of just relaxing and splashing about, I keep trying to do something worthy of hang...