November 18, 2023

Watercolour marbles and a glass jar

I dived further into unknown watercolouring territory today when I painted my first clear glass and colourful marbles. I didn't have any real difficulties with the marbles except for those inside the jar because even the original image seemed unreal. I, more or less, followed a tutorial (link on External Links page) on YouTube for this but my skill and eyesight are obviously not as good as the artist Shaji Chaladan's. He's amazing and deserves a bigger following. 

What I found really difficult was the screw top of the jar and in the end had to stop fiddling around with it as I couldn't see what I was doing. I painted it in my Strathmore watercolour journal using Roman Szmal paint. It looks quite pretty in the journal. 


Koi Carp and lily pads in a journal

I am trying so hard to get back into painting and instead of just relaxing and splashing about, I keep trying to do something worthy of hang...