December 05, 2023

Neurographic Art with Caran d'Ache 'Luminance'

Creating this piece of art in my Hand-book drawing journal was so relaxing, so undemanding, the sort of thing I could do while watching a no-brainer movie. This is one I did a couple of years ago when I first started using colouring pencils. Not sure I quite got the hang of it, or whether I was doing it right but I was happy with the result. There are lots of YouTube videos about how to apply light pressure and increase pressure to build up colour, and how to blend etc. At the time, I didn't know what this kind of art was called, or even that it had a name, and I just called it doodling but apparently it is neurographic art. There is some fancy definition for it but I just think of it as doodling with my brain switched off. 

The coloured pencils I used were Caran D'ache 'Luminance' which are an oil and wax blend and the black pen was Faber-Castell 'Pitt Artist' pen. 

I've popped a couple of links to the subject of neurographic art on my External Links page

Koi Carp and lily pads in a journal

I am trying so hard to get back into painting and instead of just relaxing and splashing about, I keep trying to do something worthy of hang...