March 28, 2024

Watercolour of polar bear swimming

My home now looks like an art gallery, but do I care? Everywhere there are paintings of mine and I will sit and look at them and think how, although I am still very much an amateur, they please me. I had my painting of baby harp seals on the wall and wanted a painting to complement it, so I painted this polar bear swimming. 

Fortunately, and the good thing about this blog for me, is that I had noted what brand and colour of paints I used when painting the seals; it is Schmincke Horadam supergranulating 'Glacier Turquoise', 'Deep Sea Indigo', and ivory black for the eyes, nose, and shading. The painting surface is Arches 300lb cold press.  

Polar bear swimming
Baby harp seals


Koi Carp and lily pads in a journal

I am trying so hard to get back into painting and instead of just relaxing and splashing about, I keep trying to do something worthy of hang...