April 17, 2024

Getting back into watercolour painting after a break

I hear this so very often that, when someone breaks off painting for a length of time, they find it difficult to get back into it. I find that too and also frame of mind has a great impact. The thing to do, as they say, is do it without pressure. So here are my attempts without pressure. They are in a Handbook-Journal and when it is closed you cannot see them - which is a good thing in this case, I think. 🤣

I had various colours of paint which were already in palettes so I used those. Waste not want not. 

Watercolour mushrooms painted just for the fun of it. Those spikey things are from an actual photograph of moss spores that I took and find them extremely beautiful. The watercolours ones are painted with a lot of artistic licence and not a lot of patience. 


Quick watercolour painting of a row of trees. 


Koi Carp and lily pads in a journal

I am trying so hard to get back into painting and instead of just relaxing and splashing about, I keep trying to do something worthy of hang...