April 19, 2024

Zen stacked pebbles in watercolour

This was done for a bit of fun and I quite liked it considering I had never painted a Zen stack of pebbles before, then I went and wrecked it. Fortunately I'd taken a photo pre accident.  You see, thing is, I accidentally, and without realising it, got the cuff on my woolly cardigan slightly wet while washing dishes and as I was adjusting the painting (cannot remember exactly what I was doing now) I noted I was smearing my painting with water. I kid you not. 

Note to self: watch out for wet cuffs. 


I think I used Schmincke Horadam for this one with the background of Daniel Smith's 'Buff Titanium' (a favourite colour of mine) . 

Koi Carp and lily pads in a journal

I am trying so hard to get back into painting and instead of just relaxing and splashing about, I keep trying to do something worthy of hang...