July 06, 2024

REPAIRING AND DECORATING A TERRACOTTA LONG TOM

It has been a while since I did any watercolour painting but I did recently repair a very badly damaged terracotta Long Tom pot. They are relatively expensive to buy and it was fun trying to save it. Some of the pieces were missing from the pot and I have no idea where they disappeared to, so I shoved together some bits of pot and filler, bit by bit building it up, letting it dry, adding some more. It took a while!  Then I sanded it smoother (I didn't fuss), lacquered the inside to stop it being so porous, painted the outside with chalk paint, and stuck transfers on it. Then I added two coats of lacquer and that was that. 

It now has a Tumbling Tom tomato plant in it which disguises the botch job. 😄



Koi Carp and lily pads in a journal

I am trying so hard to get back into painting and instead of just relaxing and splashing about, I keep trying to do something worthy of hang...