July 14, 2023

Watercolour 'Cat and the Koi Carp '

Prior to this I created a watercolour painting of Koi Carp leaping and I liked it so much I decided to do another in a similar fashion. I posted that earlier. This is, again, using vibrant Mijello Mission Gold watercolours. If you look carefully, you can see the cat face staring at the fish through the water. I made the cat's eyes fish-shaped and the nose like a fish tail. There are swans in the distance, and a frog in the corner too. 

Cat and the Koi Carp

I don't worry about perspective now, I don't follow rules of any kind that I am aware of. I did have problems creating the splashing of the tails and the surface of the water; something I have no real experience of doing. 

Below is its sister painting. 

Koi Carp Leaping

Koi Carp and lily pads in a journal

I am trying so hard to get back into painting and instead of just relaxing and splashing about, I keep trying to do something worthy of hang...