November 21, 2023

Playing with Holbein Artists watercolours - an abstract

I used Holbein watercolours for the first time in the same Strathmore Journal that I used to paint the abstract in Mission Gold. It turned out beautifully, like a NASA image of the Orion Nebula but I don't think they are quite as 'in your face' as in the Mission Gold abstract and many of the colours had to be forced to travel although the blues did very well. I wanted to share it as it is presently, although I may tweak it a little, or a lot, at some point with black ink or perhaps even with metallic paints. 

This is a NASA image of Messier 42, also known as the Orion Nebula, see External Links

NASA, ESA, M. Robberto (Space Telescope Science Institute/ESA)
and the Hubble Space Telescope Orion Treasury Project Team


Koi Carp and lily pads in a journal

I am trying so hard to get back into painting and instead of just relaxing and splashing about, I keep trying to do something worthy of hang...