November 13, 2023

Vibrant abstract watercolour using Mijello Mission Gold

As usual, when working in my art journals, I like there to be some connection between opposite pages so I did another abstract similar to the one I did yesterday. I didn't fuss or faff around too much and they were a therapeutic way of having fun with paint. They are certainly bright. 


The two abstracts together in the journal. I tinkered a bit with the one I did yesterday, making the paint in the centre bloom. I'm not sure if it works but that is how it has been left. For now. As mentioned in my previous post, It's easy to lift paint off Strathmore's watercolour journal and start again. 



Koi Carp and lily pads in a journal

I am trying so hard to get back into painting and instead of just relaxing and splashing about, I keep trying to do something worthy of hang...