November 14, 2023

Watercolour abstract landscape in Schmincke Horadam

I seldom, if ever (I can't remember) use a painting tutorial as a guide for a painting but I had to try out a video '10 minute short' that I saw on YouTube (link on my External Links page) called A Tiny Forest Scene. I suspect most people find those 'easy' tutorials harder than they look and mine was no exception. It didn't help that it was a high-speed short, not even when I slowed down the speed to one-quarter. Also, unfortunately, the artist did not say which colours and brand of paint was used so I was pretty much in the dark there. I would really have liked to see a full length tutorial with voice over but, still, I don't think my effort turned out too badly. 

It was painted using Schmincke Horadam paints in my Real Stone journal. 

Koi Carp and lily pads in a journal

I am trying so hard to get back into painting and instead of just relaxing and splashing about, I keep trying to do something worthy of hang...