August 27, 2023

Watercolour of Turtle in Caribbean Sea

After my less than successful first line and wash painting of a church in Skipton yesterday, I went for something more simple this time. I like this one, painted with Mijello Mission Gold paints which are vibrant and magic. The Caribbean turtle (possibly a Hawkshead) was drawn with Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pen 0.1 as a guide, then painted in full except for the white detail which was done with white Uni-ball Signo broad. The background (water) was easy, applied as a loose wash of turquoise with touches of grey green (also used on the turtle) added in.

Watercolour Turtle

Reference photo. I couldn't make out from the photo how submerged the turtle was. I think it was probably in relatively shallow water just under the surface. 


Koi Carp and lily pads in a journal

I am trying so hard to get back into painting and instead of just relaxing and splashing about, I keep trying to do something worthy of hang...